Wild Bill Coat Hanger by Atle Tveit
You now also have the opportunity to purchase one online.
Every limited 1st Edition piece (only 100 available) comes with a collector's book about Wild Bill and Atle Tveit, the designer behind it, including a numbered certificate of authenticity.
The Wild Bill is a playful and functional coat hanger. Mandatory in every modern saloon. Toss your sombrero or Colt over it while you order a refreshing drink at the bar.
A quirky, humorous and cartoony interpretation of a coat stand, visually bold but not too loud and at the same time functional and instinctive.
It was very much about working out the right proportions and dimensions from the original concept; a simplified drawing of a cactus. Based on what can be done in terms of bending and shaping the tube in one long (seemingly) coherent line, the challenge was to find the right sizes and curves and make it logic and harmonic.
Wild Bill was first shown at the Stockholm Furniture Fair 2007 in Sweden. The prototype has since been shown at various events, among them the 100% Norway exhibition during 100% Design 2008 at Earls Court in London, United Kingdom.
It was finally brought to life by TheCreator.ME in 2011 and its limited 1st Edition was presented to buyers for the first time at RAFF Design 2011 in Bergen, Norway.
Dimensions: Height 1740 x Ø 600 mm
Surface: Powder coated, available in matte white or green, PMS 349C
Designed by Atle Tveit, 2007
Atle Tveit Design
Interior Architect MNIL and Master of Design from Kunst- og designhøgskolen i Bergen (Bergen Academy of Art and Design), Norway, spring 2006.
Winner of multiple awards including:
BO BEDRE Design Award 2010, Designer of the Year (2009)
The Norwegian Design Council’s Award for Design Excellence 2010 for the Clint Chair range (with Lars Tornøe)
The Norwegian Design Council’s Young Talent Award 2007, 1st prize for the Ela & Ele Chairs
Savo Office Seating’s Savo Award 2003 for the Cohiba Bench (with Lars Tornøe)
Go to Atle Tveit's Profile
How does BackIT works:
- We have worked with the designer, researched and prototyped the piece;
- We have selected a qualified manufacturer and agreed on the best order quantity and secured the best affordable price for this 1st Edition;
- When enough people have pre-ordered the minimum number of pieces set in BackIT, we move forward with production of the design and send it to you.
What you get for every BackIT piece:
- A limited 1st edition piece
- A book about the designer, product and acknowledgement to the backers
What happens after I BackIT:
- We will inform you once the piece is 100% backed and contact you to arrange delivery.
- You will receive full refund in the case that the BackIT is unsuccesful.