Kettle Lamp by Jonas' Design
A talented designer and true craftsman, Jonas repurposes everything from suitcases to kettles to shipping pallets to create unique furniture pieces and home accessories.
Designed as one-of-kind piece, you now have the unique opportunity to back Jonas and purchase pieces from the limited 1st Edition of the Kettle lamp.
Every limited 1st Edition piece is numbered (only 100 available) and comes with a collector's book about the Kettle lamp and Jonas, including a certificate of authenticity.
This popular and practically iconic tea kettle is found in most homes, offices and restaurants across China. Repurposed into a pendant lamp, the Kettle lamp offers a warm and quirky lighting option for any rooms.
My studio is quite cold in winter. In December 2010 I made a party at the studio. To keep the guest warm I prepared some hot beverages such as Glühwein and hot chocolate with rum. For that reason I bought several of these aluminum kettles. After the party these kettles were standing in my studio and I didn't have any more use for them. That's when I had the idea to turn them into lamps. One week after the party I completed the first prototype.
The Kettle Lamp has been featured in:
Elle Decoration (China), October 2011
LOHAS (China) magazine, August 2011
M.style magazine, May 2011
Traditional Chinese Aluminium Tea Pot
Ø280 mm (350 mm incl. spout) x Height 300 mm
Traditional Chinese Enamelled Metal Mug
Ø100 mm (130 mm incl. handle) x Height 90 mm
GU24 - Twist and lock - 20/40 Watt halogen, 110V/220V
Jonas was born in Switzerland in 1976. He is a independent furniture designer but his background is in prosthetics and orthotics. He has been working in this field for the past 17 years in Switzerland, North Korea and China. In 2009 he decided to take a break from his career as a prosthetist in order to concentrate on furniture design. In 2010 he and his partner found an old factory building in Shanghai and renovated it to be their loft and studio.
Jonas always liked to work with his hands and started early to build his own furniture and lamps. Through his education and experience as a prosthetist he learned to work with a wide variety of materials like wood, leather, metal, resin, silicone, carbon fibre, textiles, plastics and many more.
Find out more on his website: www.jonasdesign.net
Go to Jonas' Design's Profile
How does BackIT works:
- We have worked with the designer, researched and prototyped the piece;
- We have selected a qualified manufacturer and agreed on the best order quantity and secured the best affordable price for this 1st Edition;
- When enough people have pre-ordered the minimum number of pieces set in BackIT, we move forward with production of the design and send it to you.
What you get for every BackIT piece:
- A limited 1st edition piece
- A book about the designer, product and acknowledgement to the backers
What happens after I BackIT:
- We will inform you once the piece is 100% backed and contact you to arrange delivery.
- You will receive full refund in the case that the BackIT is unsuccesful.